Strangest story of summer

Original article published by Beverage Blog - Thursday 22 August 2019

And an old one too.

US-based CBS News recently reported that “leaving bottled water in your car could start a fire”.

Firefighters were apparently warning people not to leave plastic bottles of water in their car because direct sunlight could “start a fire in just a couple of minutes”.

The alert dates back to 2017 when a bottle left in a truck in Idaho caused a burn mark in the seat underneath. The driver, taking a break, noticed “some smoke out of the corner of my eye”. He “looked over and realised light was being refracted from a water bottle and was starting to catch the seat on fire.”

After disbelieving colleagues dismissed the story, the incident was re-created on video and posted on Facebook. Many fire authorities then conducted their own tests.

So, the advice is … store your bottle out of the sun. Otherwise water could burn!

Comments

 

Go back

Contact us

  • Forename
  • Surname
  • Telephone
  • Email
  • Company
  • Your message
  • How did you hear about Zenith Global?
  • Please specify how if 'Other'

Please leave us a message and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Zenith Global Ltd
7 Kingsmead Square
Bath
BA1 2AB
United Kingdom
UK tel: +44 (0) 1225 327900
US tel: +1 (404) 372 2758

Like most other business websites, we use ‘cookies’ to track usage and enhance website functionality. You are welcome to opt out or give your consent by continuing without changing this setting.

Change settings Continue

Find out more about Cookies