25 years of UK bottled water
Monday marked the 25th anniversary of Zenith’s International’s formal incorporation as a company on 28th March 1991.
Zenith’s first report was on the then modest but highly promising UK bottled water market. We have now issued our 25th annual study and the results have certainly borne out our optimism.
• Consumption up 7 times since 1990 to 2,800 million litres in 2015.
• Sparking water doubled to 400 million litres.
• Still water up 11 times to 2,400 million litres.
• UK production up 9 times to 2,250 million litres.
• UK exports up 19 times to 105 million litres.
And this is just for plain water. Flavoured, functional and juicy waters have grown strongly too.
That’s our job. To anticipate the future.