Click & collect passes 5 billion euros
And that’s just in France. I’ve written several blogs about the ‘drive’ phenomenon there. The surge continues.
• Total sales are expected to have passed 5 billion euros in 2016.
• Beverage sales are estimated at 650-700 million euros.
• Drives have a 5.5% share of all food retail sales and this rises to 7% for bottled water.
• France now has almost 4,000 click & collect outlets.
Nielsen figures published in Rayon Boissons provide more detail for the first 11 months of 2016.
Extra insights from leading companies include:
• Each Auchan Drive sells several pallets of Cristaline waters every day, adding up to nearly 4 million cases a year.
• Consumers buy twice as much water than when they buy from supermarkets.
• Drives now account for more than 8% of sales by Danone Eaux France.
• Less than 25% of households buy soft drinks from drives, indicating huge future potential.