The latest issues of Beverage Innovation and Dairy Innovation magazines display a mind-boggling array of new products from around the world. Five stood out for me as examples of how far brand owners believe consumers are willing to accept multi-category mixes.
The first two are milk with no milk and beer with no alcohol.
- Bolthouse Farms’ blueberry banana almond milk from the United States – fruit, almond.
- Wahaha’s beer flavoured green tea from China – alcohol, tea.
The next three are all from Japan.
- Suntory’s yogurt flavoured water containing fermented whey to keep it clear – dairy, water.
- Megmilk’s yogurt cereal breakfast replacement drink containing oats, banana puree and juice – dairy, cereal, juice.
- House Wellness Foods’ garlic energy drink with black garlic – I’m speechless and keeping my mouth shut about this.