Debating sugar taxes
Two important opportunities are coming up in the next month to debate the merits and mechanics of taxation on sugary drinks. The first is on 27th April at the InnoBev Global Soft Drinks Congress in Verona, with 3 leading industry representatives from around the world:
- President of the International Council of Beverages Associations and the Canadian Beverage Association, Jim Goetz
- President of the Italian Soft Drinks Association Assobibe, Aurelio Ceresoli
- Secretary General of the Turkish Fruit Juice Association Meyed, Ebru Akdağ.
- Chairman of Action on Sugar, Professor Graham MacGregor
- Director General of the Food and Drink Federation, Ian Wright
- Director General of the British Soft Drinks Association, Gavin Partington.