Global outlook for fruit juice
Tetra Pak’s latest Index report on 100% juice presents an upbeat tone, based on extensive research including a survey of consumers in their thousands across 7 of the world’s top 10 markets. This found that:
• Over 80% of consumers see pure fruit juice as tasty, natural, healthy and refreshing.
• 42% drink it at least once a day.
• 47% is consumed at breakfast.
• More than 90% is consumed at home.
• 63% of respondents were aware of the sugar debate, but only 12% of these reported any doubts.
• For lapsed users, the leading replacement is water on 57% and tea on 36%.
Among other findings, I noted:
• Orange accounts for 46% of global consumption and apple 17%. Coconut has risen to … 1%.
• Premium not from concentrate juices have grown to take 29% of volume.
• Most of the leading national markets are forecast to remain static or declining, with the exception of significant growth from Brazil and China.