Associate Director - Commercial
- Job Title
- Associate Director - Commercial
- Combination - Bath office / remote
- Permanent, full-time
- £50-60k DOE
- Reporting to
The Commercial Department is a key revenue-generating part of Zenith Global and is also a function that underpins the knowledge and information that is required for wider consulting projects across the business.
The Commercial Department is headed by two Associate Directors.
Directors: Associate Directors - Commercial
Team: Commercial Department, consisting of consultants and analysts.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
As key members of the departmental leadership team, the Associate Directors work closely to ensure delivery of the departmental strategy, objectives and financial contribution. This Associate Director role will have primary responsibility for the Commercial Consulting function, encompassing business development, key account management and project delivery.
The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, able to harness the collective strengths of the team to deliver high quality work, a strong communicator, able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable in presenting and providing recommendations to senior client management.
- Business development and key client engagement: Day-to-day liaison with existing and potential clients. Developing client relationships and converting potential leads to proposals and projects. Actively generating consultancy revenue from existing and new clients. Leading key account management activities. Attend client meetings where required.
- Project direction and management: Planning, organising, implementing and closing research and consulting projects. Direct and/or manage projects of varying complexities.
- Project delivery: Be confident in delivering the final output to clients, written or in presentation. Be able to devise solutions to clients’ problems. Successfully deliver projects to clients’ satisfaction.
- Team mentoring and guidance: To coach and develop the skills and experience of the team through clear and effective project leadership.
- Department leadership: Provide leadership as necessary in delivering the departmental strategy and plans, including preparation of budgets and presenting to Board on specific topics.
- Support for company: Work with other departments to ensure business development opportunities are maximised across the company.
- Consulting development and thought leadership: Contribute to the development of new client-facing consulting tools and processes. Ensure all team activities are generating maximum commercial benefit to the team/company. Definition, development and management of data gathering and consulting methodologies, frameworks, tools and practices.
- Success review: Work with project managers to review the success of commercial projects against budget and following up to obtain relevant client feedback with actionable future targets and objectives.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Annual budgeted revenue for Commercial Department: Measure - £ revenue per month vs budget
- Commercial Department cost control: Measure - £ expenditure per month vs budget
- Commercial Department project profitability: Measure - actual revenue and costs vs budget
- Commercial Department personnel utilisation: Measure - % of time on fee earning work and £ fees generated
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in commercial consulting and business development
- Proven track record of leadership, project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and orally in English
- Proactive lead generation
- Deep commercial acumen and understanding of clients’ industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Creative and independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and at minimum, intermediate level in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record in Business, Commerce, Economics or Liberal Arts
- Native English speaker
- Preference to candidates with experience in food and drink or FMCG industry, especially packaged water
- Market research experience
- High level of numeracy and comfortable with statistical analysis
- Passion for food and drink industry
- Planning and organising
- Proactivity and initiation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Collaborating and influencing others
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Risk taking
- Driving results
- Managing performance
- Developing people
- Managing change
- Business acumen
- Business development
- Strategic thinking
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including Bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities
- Professional subscriptions
- Social events