- Job Title
- Bath office/Temporarily remote due to Covid-19
- Permanent, full-time
- £27-30k DOE
- Reporting to
- Associate Director - Commercial
The Commercial Department is a key revenue-generating part of Zenith Global and is also a function that underpins the knowledge and information that is required for wider consulting projects within the business. The Commercial Department is headed by two Associate Directors.
Directors: Associate Directors - Commercial
Team: Commercial Department, consisting of consultants and analysts.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
An active member of the Commercial Department, the Consultant will be responsible for proposing, planning, implementation and successful delivery of commercial projects with a focus on new food and drink market opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, able to harness the collective strengths of the team to deliver high quality work, strong communicator and team player, able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable in presenting and providing recommendations to senior management.
- Client engagement: Day-to-day liaison with clients from project inception through to project completion ensuring all core objectives are met. Developing client relationships and converting potential leads to proposal and projects. Supporting key account management activities.
- Project management: Planning, organising, implementing and closing commercial projects. Lead projects of varying complexities either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Research and analysis: To gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data through a mixture of primary and secondary research methods, write insightful, thoroughly researched commentary based on data analysis carried out, develop insights and strategic recommendations, and convert into client-presentable format.
- Project delivery: Be confident in delivering the final output to clients, written or in presentation. Be able to devise solutions to clients’ problems. Successfully delivering projects to clients’ satisfaction.
- Commercial development and thought leadership: Contribute to the development of new client-facing consulting tools and processes.
- Building expertise: To build expertise in key categories, countries and regions relevant to the food and drink industry.
- Quality assurance: To ensure project work is delivered to Zenith Global’s agreed standards (ISO 9001) and adhering to project processes.
- Support for commercial team: May include other responsibilities including contributing to annual global research studies, reports and database projects alongside a team of analysts and consultants, as well as other written outputs like articles, editorials and expert insight pieces and webinars.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years experience in market research or commercial consulting
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record in Business, Commerce, Economics or Liberal Arts
- Passion for food and drink industry
- Track record of leadership, project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and orally in English
- Deep commercial acumen and understanding of clients’ industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy and comfortable with statistical analysis
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Proactive, resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Creative and independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and at minimum, intermediate level in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years food and drink or FMCG industry experience in sales, marketing, supply chain or purchasing
- Fluency in a foreign language, such as, but not limited to Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese, South East Asian languages
- Planning and organising
- Proactivity and initiation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Collaborating and influencing others
- Effective communication
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Risk taking
- Driving results
- Managing performance
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including Bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities
- Professional subscriptions
- Social events