Event & Awards Executive
- Bath, UK
- Permanent, full-time
- Reporting to
- Event & Marketing Manager
Zenith Global provides a full range of specialist consulting services to the food and drink industries worldwide. We have over 1,000 clients across more than 50 countries with head office in Bath.
Zenith Global Events team runs a portfolio of food and beverage industry events, including conferences and awards schemes both in the UK & overseas.
Working in a lean team, the role of this individual will be to manage the industry awards, as well as to provide conference planning and sales support to the Event Managers.
The role offers exciting growth opportunities within 6-12 months for the right person including event management from start to finish!
- Support the Event Managers across the full cycle of duties associated with running events: including speaker management, delegate communication, liaising with conference venues, technical teams and other external suppliers (e.g. AV, photographers, printers).
- Attending events both in the UK and overseas to support the team with a variety of tasks including delegate administration, responding to delegate enquiries, liaison with venue staff and speaker and sponsor management.
- Responsible for effectively securing entries into Zenith Global’s awards schemes: achieving the targeted amount of entries via email and telephone, communicating the awards schemes to a wide range of companies, both small and large enterprises, on a global scale.
- Management of the full awards process, including co-ordination of judging, working with both internal and external suppliers to produce trophies, communicating to entrants, sorting out the shortlist process and ensuring all elements of the awards package are supplied.
- Eventual progression to Event & Awards Manager, to manage a portion of the company’s portfolio of local and global events, including speaker programming and liaison, venue contracts and services and successful onsite delivery.
- Headed by the company Chairman, the Events team includes an Event & Business Development Manager, Event & Marketing Manager, Conference Coordinator and Conference Assistant
The ideal candidate
- Educated to a Degree level
- Passion for the Food and Drink industry and enthusiasm to learn more about it
- Team player – versatile and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Business-minded – passionate about driving successful awards and events which surpass revenue targets
- Organised and effective at multi-tasking and time management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong social media skills
- Proactive, confident and self-sufficient - able to identify new opportunities to support team goals
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and on own initiative
- Confident email and telephone manner and ability to liaise with a wide variety of contacts including very senior management
- Flexibility to travel and attend events throughout the year
- Experience in a customer-facing role is preferable
- Sales and/or event experience is desirable
- Transferable skills
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private Health cover
- Cycle to work scheme