Events Business Development Manager
- Bath, UK
- Permanent, full-time
- £25,000 - £32,000 DOE, plus commission
- Reporting to
- Associate Director - Events
Zenith Global’s Events team runs a portfolio of food and beverage industry events, including conferences and award schemes both in the UK, overseas and online.
The Events Business Development Manager focuses on the generation of sponsorship and delegate sales across Zenith Global’s food and drink industry conferences and award schemes. Working in a lean team, the position also involves providing conference planning support to the event project manager where required. There is an optional opportunity to develop the role to encompass end to end event management responsibilities.
- Development and implementation of sales strategy for sponsorship packages across all events and award schemes. This will involve developing relationships with existing sponsors as well as identifying and securing new sponsorship opportunities.
- Close liaison with the Associate Events Director to create relevant sponsorship packages across all events and award schemes.
- Generation and co-ordination of sponsorship contracts. Follow through on all associated event activity including onsite management as necessary.
- Development and implementation of sales strategy for delegate bookings across all events. This will involve a focus on past delegates to ensure repeat business as well as identifying and securing new delegate sales. Communication will involve dedicated email campaigns as well as contact via email, social media and direct calls.
- Monitoring of competitor activity to identify new leads and ensure Zenith Global events remain competitive.
- Providing support as required on event management, including speaker programming and liaison, and successful onsite/online delivery.
- Attendance at relevant Zenith Global events, virtually, in the UK and internationally, managing on site sponsorship activities and networking with delegates and potential sponsors.
- Maintenance and enhancement of up to date contact lists and details for sponsorship and delegate sales.
- Management of all media relationships to help ensure maximum online marketing exposure for the events across their sectors.
- Headed by the Associate Director – Events, the events team also includes a Conference Co-ordinator and Conference Assistant. We will also be recruiting for a new Event & Awards Executive later in 2021.
- The Events Business Development Manager reports to the Associate Director – Events.
The ideal candidate
- Track record of achievement in a sales environment (preferably in events)
- Passion for the food and drinks industry and enthusiasm to learn more about it
- Strong commercial skills to identify and deliver on new sales opportunities
- Business-minded, with a firm and consistent drive to exceed revenue targets
- Excellent relationship building experience
- Excellent communication skills: Confident email and telephone manner and ability to liaise with a wide variety of contacts including very senior management
- Organised and effective at multi-tasking and time management
- Proactive, confident and self-sufficient able to identify new opportunities to support team goals
- Team player – versatile and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Flexibility to travel and attend events throughout the year
- Educated to degree level
- Permanent, full-time position
- Working hours 37.5 per week – 8:30-17:00 Monday to Friday
- The notice period will be one month on either side following a successful 6-month probationary period, rising to 2 months after one year of employment.
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including Bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities
- Professional subscriptions
- Social events