- Job Title
- Research Analyst
- Bath office/Temporarily remote due to Covid-19
- Permanent, full-time
- Reporting to
- Associate Director - Commercial
The Commercial Department is a key revenue-generating part of Zenith Global and is also a function that underpins the knowledge and information that is required for wider consulting projects within the business.
Team: Commercial Department, consisting of consultants and analysts.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
An active member of the Commercial Department, the Research Analyst will have exposure to a range of consultancy projects within the food and drink industries. You will join Zenith as a research analyst and develop knowledge across a variety of countries and food/drink categories, supporting the commercial team on client deliverables across a range of projects including databases, insight reports, annual global research studies, bespoke consultancy and other products and services.
The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, numeracy and analytical skills, be able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and be a strong team player.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Primary market research: conducting primary interviews with manufacturers, distributors, retailers and other industry stakeholders for data collection and help form basis for client recommendations.
- Secondary market research: to effectively identify information sources, gathering and interpreting data across key markets and segments and presenting findings to project team members.
- Data analysis and interpretation: to gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data, develop insights and recommendations, write insightful, thoroughly researched commentary based on data analysis carried out and convert into client-presentable format.
- Report writing: to contribute to the writing and production of insight reports alongside a team of analysts and associates.
- Project delivery: contribution to client consulting, annual global research studies and database projects alongside a team of analysts and consultants.
- Quality assurance: to ensure project work is delivered to Zenith Global’s agreed standards (ISO 9001) and adhering to project processes.
- Building expertise: to develop knowledge of a variety of countries and food/drink categories within a short time. This may include things like attending webinars and other virtual events for information gathering and contacts, and give internal presentations on findings.
- Contribution to marketing: to participate in marketing activities including articles and other written outputs, press, social media and proactively suggesting ways of developing awareness of Zenith’s products and services.
- Excel expertise: to generate templates for databases and other projects and to develop and share Excel and database expertise in the team, including making actionable suggestions for new tools and processes, if required.
- Planning and organising: including timely delivery of projects to agreed specification, effective self-time management.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse both consumer, market and company behaviour and trends
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office applications MS Word, PowerPoint
- Communication and interviewing skills
- Creative, analytical writing style
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Strong team player
- Independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Proactive, resourceful and able to multi-task
- Educated to degree level and excellent academic record
- Fluency in English
- Passion for the food and drink industry
- Passion for data and producing reports
- Experience in food and drink or FMCG industry in sales, marketing, supply chain or purchasing
- Familiarity with economics and consumer product markets
- Experience in market research or commercial consulting
- Fluency in a foreign language, such as, but not limited to Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese, South East Asian languages
- Database management skills
- Commercial awareness - demonstrate an understanding of clients’ industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Planning and organising
- Proactivity and initiation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Collaborating and influencing others
- Effective communication
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Risk taking
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including Bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities
- Professional subscriptions
- Social events