- Job Title
- Senior Consultant
- Bath office/Temporarily remote due to Covid-19
- Permanent, full-time
- Reporting to
- Associate Director Commercial
The Commercial Department is a key revenue-generating part of Zenith Global and is also a function that underpins the knowledge and information that is required for wider consulting projects within the business.
Team: Commercial Department, consisting of consultants and analysts.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
An integral member of the Commercial Department, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for all aspects of proposing, planning, implementation and successful delivery of commercial projects, including business development, client liaison and project management.
You will join Zenith as a senior consultant and possess commercial acumen in the food and drink industry to knowledgably advise clients on strategic recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, able to harness the collective strengths of the team to deliver high quality work, a strong communicator, able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable in presenting and providing recommendations to senior management.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Project management: Planning, organising, implementing and closing advisory projects. Lead projects of varying complexities either as an individual or as a team. Including project set up and management in CRM, resource scheduling, timeline management and effective self-time management.
- Project delivery: Be confident in delivering the final output to clients, written or in presentation. Be able to devise solutions to clients’ problems. Successfully delivering projects to clients’ satisfaction.
- Commercial development and thought leadership: Contribute to the development of new client-facing consulting tools and processes.
- Client engagement and business development: Day-to-day liaison with clients from project inception through to project completion ensuring all core objectives are met. Developing client relationships and converting potential leads to proposal and projects. Supporting key account management activities.
- Research and analysis: To gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data, develop insights and strategic recommendations, and convert into client-presentable format.
- Building expertise: To build expertise in key categories, countries and regions relevant to the food and drink industry, especially beverages and dairy.
- Team development and guidance: To develop the skills and experience of the team by mentoring staff and facilitating their career development within Zenith in line with Human Resources policy.
- Quality assurance: To ensure project work is delivered to Zenith Global’s agreed standards (ISO 9001) and adhering to project processes.
- Success review: Review the success of commercial projects against budget and following up to obtain relevant client feedback with actionable future targets and objectives.
- Support for commercial team: May include other responsibilities including contributing to annual global research studies, reports and database projects alongside a team of analysts and consultants, as well as other written outputs like articles, editorials and expert insight pieces and webinars.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in commercial consulting and customer development
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record
- Proven track record of leadership, project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and orally in English
- Commercial acumen and understanding of clients’ industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Proactive lead generation
- Resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Creative and independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and at minimum, intermediate level in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Preference to candidates with minimum 3-5 years food and drink or FMCG industry experience in sales, marketing, supply chain or purchasing
- Passion for food and drink industry
- High level of numeracy and comfortable with statistical analysis
- Fluency in other languages preferable but not essential
- Planning and organising
- Proactivity and initiation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Collaborating and influencing others
- Effective communication
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Risk taking
- Driving results
- Managing performance
- Developing people
- Managing change
- Business acumen
- Business development
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days including Bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities
- Professional subscriptions
- Social events