UK Smoothies Report 2008
Zenith Global's second market report on the UK Smoothies market provides definitive insight and analysis on the main developments and trends in this niche but rapidly developing market.
Continued strong volume and value growth across the segment albeit from a low base, benefiting from the consumer trend for health and well being and a willingness to pay high prices for premium smoothie products.
Pure fruit smoothies lead the market over dairy-based smoothies, representing nearly 90% of total smoothies sold in 2007.
Chilled products remain dominant maintaining popularity over ambient equivalents.
The rise of multi-serve pack formats, primarily cartons, with 1 litre plus carton packaging now accounting for over 50% of volume share.
Continued dominance by leading brand, despite growing competition from own-label and multinational beverage manufacturers.
Innovation remains key to the growth of the smoothie segment.
Strong growth potential expected over future years as manufacturer's focus on broadening the mass appeal of smoothies, with targeted offerings to kids and specific consumer segments
Background and report description
Zenith Global's UK Smoothies report provides market totals by volume and value, five-year forecasts, and corporate profiles. The report provides a comprehensive market commentary addressing issues that are salient to the UK smoothies market; including the impact of growing consumer awareness of health and well being, the effect of this trend on smoothie ingredients and functionality for new product developments, the rise of smoothie bars, insights into branding and promotional activity driving sales, how the new vogue of environment and ethics are impacting ingredients and packaging, alongside a look at corporate activity within the market.
What the report covers
- Market context including production, distribution and packaging trends
- UK fruit juice market history
- Functionality spectrum of enriched beverages
- Product launches and withdrawals, 2005-2008
- Market segmentation
- UK smoothies: market by volume and value, 2001-2007
- UK smoothies: fruit vs dairy volume and value, 2005-2007
- Fruit vs dairy, value per litre change, 2005-2007
- Regional distribution by volume, 2007
- Channel distribution by volumes, 2005-2007
- UK smoothies: packaging, 2007
- UK smoothies: brand vs own label volume and value, 2007
- Brands vs own label value per litre 2005-2007
- UK smoothies: leading branded companies by volume, 2005-2007
- UK smoothies: market forecast by volume and value, 2007-2012
- UK smoothies: market forecast 2007-2012
- UK Smoothie market SWOT analysis
- Corporate profiles for leading smoothie companies