UK Water Drinks Report 2017
A valuable resource for anyone present in the UK water drinks industry, this consolidated market report provides a comprehensive overview of the UK plain, flavoured, functional and juicy water sectors. In addition to offering detailed insights, it features full market and segment totals, company and brand rankings, and forecasts to 2021.
Consolidated bottled water drinks market report with analysis of the plain, flavoured, functional and juicy water sectors
Volume data from 2011 through to 2021 forecast, with value data to 2016
Sets out full market and segment totals
Leading company and brand volume sales at consolidated market level and within each segment
Assesses challenges and future trends within the market
Detailed profiles of over 30 leading companies in the water drinks market
Background and report description
UK consumption of water drinks increased 11% in 2016 to more than 3,700 million litres, with a retail value in excess of £2.7 billion. Growth was led by sales of plain bottled water in retail packs which surged 14% to over 2,900 million litres, while volume through bottled water coolers advanced a more modest 3% to 300 million litres. Sales of flavoured, functional and juicy waters grew by 2%, amidst greater media scrutiny over sugar content.
Zenith’s UK Water Drinks Report provides an in-depth analysis of the UK plain, flavoured, functional and juicy water market. Divided into three sections, this report investigates the plain, water plus, and consolidated water drinks market, featuring volume and value data, full market commentaries, company profiles and forecasts to 2021.
What this report covers
- In-depth market and industry analysis: investigates the key factors shaping the UK water drinks market, providing detailed insights on segment dynamics, water types, industry structure, consumer behaviour, socio-economic and socio-demographic trends, leading companies and brands. Significant industry, company and brand developments are also tracked.
- Consolidated market overview: in addition to providing a comprehensive overview of the UK plain and water plus drinks sectors, a consolidated market overview is provided, including leading companies and brand volumes within the combined market.
- Detailed charts and comprehensive tables: data detailing the UK market and each segment covering consumption, distribution channels, leading companies and brands, and forecasts to 2021.
- Company profiles of over 30 leading players in the UK water drinks market: company structure, water production, product range, sales volume, market analysis and commentary.
UK water drinks market
- Consumption volume, 2011-2016
- Consumption of still vs sparkling water, 2011-2016
- Consumption by plain, flavoured, functional and juicy water, 2011-2016
- Top 25 companies in UK water drinks market
- Top 25 brands in UK water drinks market
UK plain bottled water market
- Production volume, 2011-2016
- Exports, imports and consumption volume, 2011-2016
- Per capita consumption (still, sparkling, small pack and coolers), 2011-2016
- Plain vs flavoured water volume, 2011-2016
- GB bottled water consumer by age group and gender, 2011-2016
- International comparison: per capita consumption, 2011-2021
- Top 50 plain bottled water companies and brands, 2015-2016
- Plain bottled water market value, 2014-2016
- Packaged water market value by distribution channel, 2014-2016
UK water plus (flavoured, functional and juicy waters)
- Local production volume, 2011-2016
- Import and consumption volume, 2011-2016
- Consumption by flavoured, functional and juicy waters, 2011-2021
- Per capita consumption of still vs sparkling water, 2011-2016
- Per capita consumption by flavoured, functional and juicy waters, 2011-2016
- GB flavoured water, herbal and premium soft drinks consumer by age group and gender, 2014-2016
- Top 15 water plus companies, 2015-2016
- Top 20 water plus brands ranking by type, 2016
- Water plus distribution by channel and type, 2014-2016
- Water plus packaging by pack type and size, 2014-2016