US Water Dispense grows through pandemic
Remarkably, the US water dispense market has grown by 2-5% in each of the last 5 years to reach 8.6 million units installed at the end of 2021, according to the latest annual research by specialist consultants Zenith Global.
The 2022 US Water Dispense Market Report reviews 3 market segments, whose primary purpose is to dispense filtered/purified water:
- Bottled water units, with a 72% share - in growth, but slowly losing share.
- Bottle-free point of use, with a 27% share - growing by an average 7% a year, up from a 22% share in 2016.
- Bottle-free integrated tap systems, with a steady 1% share.
The combined value of unit sales, unit rentals and water sales rose in each of the past 2 years to US$4.3 billion in 2021.
“Covid had much less impact on US water dispense than most other products and services,” commented Zenith Global Chairman Richard Hall. “Revenue picked up in 2020 and 2021 as businesses and families sought extra hydration solutions. Despite reduced office usage, water sales dipped by less than 3% in 2020 before rising again in 2021.”
Among the other findings of the Zenith Global 2022 US Water Dispense Market Report, 2 highlights stand out:
- Industry restructuring, with the creation of BlueTriton Brands from Nestlé Waters North America in February 2021 and the global combination of Culligan and Waterlogic announced in December 2021 but yet to be finalised.
- Cost inflation, which is expected to have a moderating impact on future growth.
Nevertheless, unit numbers and water volumes are forecast to continue rising by around 3% a year, taking unit numbers close to 10 million by the end of 2026.
The Zenith Global 2022 US Water Dispense Market Report includes units and volumes for all the leading companies from 2016 to 2021 and provides full segment analysis from 2016 through to 2026. Go to www.zenithglobal.com/market-insights/reports
Notes for Editors:
- 2 charts are attached for publication.
- For further information, please contact:
Richard Hall, Chairman, Zenith Global Ltd
7 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB, United Kingdom
t +44 (0)1225 327900 w zenithglobal.com