- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the juice market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of the global fruit juice market also exploring challenges and opportunities in the industry.
- Highlights common themes in new product development and trends shaping the future of the international juice industry.
- Features 60 new juice products launched between 2012 and 2014 worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative brands.
View report preview
Background and report description
In the global soft drinks market, fruit juice represents the third biggest category following bottled water and carbonates. Matured juice markets in North America and Western Europe are characterised with high consumption levels per capita and a slow down in growth. However, these markets play a particularly important role in driving innovation within the category with a specific focus on developing products which offer added value either through some functional benefit or technological advancement.
Zenith’s report on Juice Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2012-2014. The report provides an ultimate guide of some of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: Overview of key global market trends highlighting consumption trends in the main geographic regions: North America, Latin America, West Europe, East Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. A broad overview of insights and opportunities as well as challenges and barriers in the juice market are also included.
- Key trends in new product development: Explores 9 main themes driving product development and innovation:
- Lower sugar and calories
- Children orientated
- New flavour / variety
- Origin and provenance
- Limited edition
- Innovative proposition concept
- Brand profiles: Detailed profiles of 60 recently launched new juice products including product image, product information, date of launch, variants, ingredients, positioning, channels, packaging size & type and pricing.
Brand profiles featured by above 9 key innovation themes with features that span a number of trends shaping the future of the juice sector, including: Health and well-being, Natural sweetness with reduced calorie, Enhanced nutrition and taste, Convenience, Added value and benefit, Sustainability, Consumer engagement.
Scope and definition:
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Ready to drink still beverages made of fruit and fruit-vegetable blends including pure juices (100% fruit content), nectars (25-99% fruit content) and fruit drinks (5-24% fruit content). Both juices made from concentrate and not from concentrate are covered.
- Although the report predominantly covers fruit juices, it also refers to some vegetable based products featuring an innovative trend worth highlighting in the context of the fruit juice market.
- Some cross-category products are also featured as a number of recent innovations have combined juice with other soft drinks categories to bring the juices’ natural nutritional benefits or fine fruity taste.
- Excluded: Smoothies, sparkling juices, schorle, limonaden, pressé drinks, malt beverages, and fruit flavoured still drinks.