- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the Greek style yogurt market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of global trends highlighting common themes in new product development.
- Features a wide range of products, innovations and trends shaping the future of the international Greek style yogurt market.
- Includes over 60 innovative Greek style yogurt brands launched between 2012 and 2014 worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative products.
- Explores challenges and opportunities in the Greek style yogurt segment.
View report preview
Background and report description
Health-consciousness is an increasingly important driver of sales growth in the Greek style yogurt market. Consumers are opting for natural products which retain an element of excitement and novelty not normally associated with regular yogurt.
Zenith’s report on Greek Style Yogurt Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2012-2014. The report provides an ultimate guide of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: overview of key global market trends.
- Key trends in new product development: explores 6 main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide in the Greek style yogurt segment.
- Brand profiles: over 60 profiles of innovative Greek style yogurt brands including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by the following key innovation themes:
- Product functionality: in particular relating to health
- On-the-go formats and recipes
- Innovative ingredients: for health and/or taste
- Extension into new eating occasions: snacking, desserts, breakfast etc.
- Convenient packaging solutions
- Cross-category innovation: taking the benefits of Greek style yogurt into new categories
Scope and definition
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Greek style yogurt - yogurt which has been triple strained to remove the whey and moisture to create a consistency of sour cream. Some products have added cultures and ingredients such as L.bulgaricus and S.thermophiles, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Greek style yogurt dips and dressings – often with either water or vinegar added to Greek yogurt. Again some products have added cultures and ingredients to generate alternative variants.
- Products which are full-fat, low-fat, and non-fat, organic are included as are ambient, fresh, frozen, standard, whipped and drinkable formats.