- 25th annual edition, one of the very first reference reports in Zenith’s portfolio.
- Sets out full market and segment totals built up from over 120 companies.
- Packed with data and comprehensive insights, helping you gain an in-depth understanding of the industry.
- Tracks industry, company and brand developments, profiling over 30 UK bottled water producers and brands.
- Assesses challenges and provides a realistic future outlook.
View report preview
Background and report description
The plain packaged bottled water volume sales surged by 9.1% in 2015 to 2,517 million litres. Bulk water sold through coolers increased by 5% to 296.1 million litres, now representing 10.5% of the total market.
One of the very first market reports in Zenith’s portfolio celebrates its 25th edition in 2016 and it remains the most comprehensive report available on the UK bottled water market, as a result of established relationships and detailed discussions with industry players.
What this report covers
- In-depth market and industry analysis: investigates all significant factors shaping the plain bottled water in the UK, providing detailed insights on production/imports/exports, water types, industry structure, segment dynamics, packaging, distribution, consumer behaviour, socio-economic and socio-demographic trends, leading companies and brands. Significant industry, company and brand developments are also tracked.
- Over 60 detailed charts and comprehensive tables: data detailing the UK market and each segment covering consumption, distribution channels, leading companies and brands, and forecasts to 2020.
- Leading 30 UK bottled water company profiles: company structure, water production, product range, sales volume, market analysis and commentary.
Market data provided in this report
UK plain bottled water market by volume
- Local production vs import vs export, 2009-2015
- Bottled water types, 2009-2015
- Small packaged water vs water coolers, 2009-2015
- Per capita consumption, 2009-2015
- Packaging type, 2014-2015
- Distribution channel split by % share, 2014-2015
- GB bottled water consumer by age group and gender, 2015
UK plain bottled water market by value
- Total market value, 2010-2015
- Average value per litre, 2010-2015
- Packed vs water cooler market value, 2014-2015
- Distribution channel split by value, 2014-2015
UK plain bottled water industry structure by volume
- Consolidation by % share, 2010-2015
- Top 5 bottled water groups by % share, 2015
- Leading bottled water producers by % share, 2015
- Top 50 companies, 2014-2015
- Top 50 brands, 2014-2015
- Top 10 carbonated water brands, 2014-2015
- Top 10 packaged still water brands, 2014-2015
- Top 20 mineral water brands, 2014-2015
- Top 20 spring water brands, 2014-2015
- Top 10 own label water producers, 2014-2015
- Top 10 companies in glass packaging, 2014-2015
- Top 10 companies in plastic packaging, 2014-2015
- Top 10 water cooler companies, 2014-2015
UK plain bottled water market segments by volume
- Still water consumption share, 2009-2015
- Carbonated water consumption share, 2009-2015
- Own label water consumption share, 2010-2015
- Natural mineral water consumption share, 2009-2015
- Spring water consumption share, 2009-2015
- Purified water consumption share, 2009-2015
Production, imports and exports by volume
- Top 10 UK bottled water producers, 2014-2015
- Top 10 UK produced brands, 2014-2015
- UK bottled water imports by country, 2010-2015
- UK bottled water import sales by brand, 2010-2015
- Top 10 water export brands, 2010-2015
- UK bottled water exports by country, 2010-2015
UK plain bottled water market in context by volume
- Carbonated soft drinks market volume, 2010-2015
- Dilutables market volume, 2010-2015
- Juice and nectar market volume, 2010-2015
- Still drinks market volume, 2010-2015
- International bottled water comparison, 2010, 2015, 2020f
UK plain bottled water market forecasts to 2020
- Total consumption
- Carbonated water vs still water consumption
- Water cooler volume vs packed water volume