- An essential guide for anyone present, or considering entering, the cheese market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of global dairy market trends highlighting common themes in new product development.
- Features a wide range of products, innovations and trends shaping the future of the international cheese industry.
- Includes over 60 innovative cheese brands launched between 2014 and 2016 to benchmark against leading and innovative dairy products.
- Explores challenges and opportunities in the cheese industry to support your strategic planning.
View report preview
Background and report description
Following an incremental volume decline in 2014 the global retail cheese market has returned to growth, with consumption having reached 11.5 million tonnes in 2015. Natural cheese is the more commonly consumed cheese type, accounting for 83% market share by volume, and over 85% in value terms. In the fragmented global market manufacturers have created a number of new products in an effort to capture share in the market, with innovation spanning a number of trends from flavours and food pairings to portion size and consumption occasion.
Zenith’s report on cheese innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches from 2014 through to early 2016. The report provides an ultimate guide of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new cheese product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: overview of key global market trends in addition to country-level consumption trends.
- Key trends in new product development: overview of main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide.
- Brand profiles: Over 60 profiles of innovative cheese brands including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by 5 key categories: Dips & spreads, cheese slices, cheese snacks, blocks & rounds and grated, cheese & others.
- Global overview
- Commentary on trends/opportunities in specific countries/regions