- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the juice market with a view offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of the global fruit juice market also exploring challenges and opportunities in the industry.
- Highlights common themes in new product development and trends shaping the future of the international juice industry.
- Features 75 new juice products launched between 2014 and 2016 inclusive worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative brands.
View report preview
Background and report description
In the global soft drinks market, fruit juice, nectars and drinks represent the third biggest category following bottled water and carbonates. Consumption of global fruit juice continues to rise, with the market exceeding 80 billion litres in 2015, up 4% from 2014 levels. Matured juice markets in North America and Western Europe are characterised by high consumption levels per capita but limited scope for growth, with the market having declined in these regions in 2015. However, these regional markets play a particularly important role in driving innovation within the category with a specific focus on developing products which offer added value either through some functional benefit or technological advancement.
Zenith’s report on Juice Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2014-2016. The report provides an ultimate guide of some of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
Category overview: Overview of key global market trends highlighting consumption trends in the main geographic regions. A broad overview of insights and opportunities, as well as challenges and barriers in the juice market, are also included.
Key trends in new product development: an overview of main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide.
Brand profiles: Detailed profiles of 75 innovative juice products across 5 regions, including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by 8 key categories: flavour innovation, vegetable juices, reduced/low/no sugar, texture innovation, functional offering, premium positioning, child-oriented, and packaging innovation.
Scope and definition:
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Ready to drink still beverages made of fruit and fruit-vegetable blends including pure juices (100% fruit content), nectars (25-99% fruit content) and fruit drinks (5-24% fruit content). Both juices made from concentrate and not from concentrate are covered.
- Although the report predominantly covers fruit juices, it also refers to some vegetable based products featuring an innovative trend worth highlighting in the context of the fruit juice market.
- Some cross-category products are also featured as a number of recent innovations have combined juice with other soft drinks categories to bring the juices’ natural nutritional benefits or fine fruity taste.
- Excluded: Smoothies, sparkling juices, schorle, limonaden, pressé drinks, malt beverages, and fruit flavoured still drinks.