- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the ready-to-drink protein market with a view offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of the global market trends as well as exploring challenges and opportunities in the industry.
- Provides commentary on trends and developments in product innovation shaping the future of the ready-to-drink protein market.
- Features over 60 ready-to-drink protein products launched between 2014 and 2016 inclusive worldwide to highlight key common themes in new product development.
View report preview
Background and report description
Prioritising protein as a fortification ingredient has driven success in the food and beverage market in 2015, with high-protein products amongst the most successful launches of the year. Once a relatively niche market, targeted at athletes and body-builders, the trend towards consuming protein has since become mainstream, with a new range of consumers embracing the nutrient for its role in maintaining good health.
The ready-to-drink protein market has been expanding at a faster rate than other ready-to-consume protein products, complementing consumer’s busy lifestyles. As the target market for drinkable protein has opened up, manufacturers have responded, creating a wave of diverse, and increasingly innovative product offerings.
Zenith’s report on Ready-to-drink Protein Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2014-2016. The report provides an ultimate guide of some of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: Overview of key global market trends shaping the face of the evolving ready-to-drink protein market. A broad overview of insights and opportunities, as well as challenges and barriers in the industry, are also included.
- Key trends in new product development: an overview of main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide.
- Brand profiles: Detailed profiles of over 60 innovative RTD protein products across North America, West Europe, and Asia Pacific, including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by 9 key ready-to-drink protein market segments: flavoured water, coconut water, juice-based drink, RTD coffee / energy, white milk, flavoured milk, plant-based drink, drinking yogurt, other beverages
Scope and definition
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Any ready-to-consume drink which is marketed as a high-protein beverage, or which highlights the weight of its protein content, and one tenth or more (10%) of its calorific value is from its protein content. According to EU regulations; 1g of protein provides 4kcals.