- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the snacking cheese market with a view to offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes both a global and regional market overview of the cheese snack landscape including market sizing (2017 volume), share by region and analysis of leading opportunity markets.
- Features commentary highlighting global and regional trends in new product development shaping the future of the burgeoning international protein snacks industry.
- Contains profiles of more than 70 innovative cheese snack brands launched worldwide in recent years to benchmark against leading and innovative dairy products.
- Explores some of the quirkier products and niche flavours in regional markets to inform and open up potential opportunities in the dairy snacks industry away from your home market.
View report preview
Background and report description
The global snack cheese market stood at an estimated 472,000 tonnes in 2017, marking a 4.5% growth in the year on a global level. The largest market for snack cheeses was North America, capturing 45.3% share, followed by Europe at 34.0% and Asia Pacific with 12.5% of the market.
Snacking forms part of our daily routine. Often associated with feelings of guilt and overindulgence, consumer attitudes to snacking are changing, where the space between nutrition and pleasure is being bridged by emerging categories. As consumers the world over move away from sugary snacks in a bid to be healthier, the opportunity for cheese snacks is significant.
With a few boom years behind it already riding a wave of NPD that continues to swell and grow, the cheese snack market will continue to flourish, with great opportunities for manufacturers to promote products in a number of global markets. In a bid to capture share, a number of innovation trends are arising that expand demographic markets, target new consumption occasions and provide excitement through flavours and pairings.
Zenith’s report on cheese snack innovation examines the top ten global trends driving innovation and new product launches. The report provides the ultimate guide to the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of the sector worldwide.
What this report covers
- Market overview: overview of key global market trends in snacking cheese, in addition to regional consumption trends.
- Data analysis: including 2017 market size by volume, 2016-17 growth commentary, quantitative regional analysis and top growth market prospects.
- Key trends in new product development: overview of the ten themes identified as driving product development and innovation worldwide.
- Brand profiles: 72 profiles of innovative cheese snack brands across 28 countries, including product image, detailed product information, target audience/positioning, cheese type, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, and description of variants.
- Global overview
- Commentary on trends in specific countries/regions