96 acquisitions in November
96 food and drink industry transactions were recorded on the Zenith Global mergers and acquisitions database in November.
8 exceeded $500 million in value, including 6 of $1,000 million or more:
- $5,600 million in US soft drinks for Coca-Cola to purchase the remaining 85% of BodyArmor
- €4,500 million in tea for UK–based CVC private equity to buy Unilever’s Ekaterra business
- €2,200 million in alcohol for Dutch-based Heineken to gain Distell in South Africa
- $1,700 million in US coffee for SilverBox SPAC to combine with Black Rifle Coffee
- $1,200 million in US snacks for Hershey to take over Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels and Pretzels Inc
- $1,000 million in Polish spirits for Maspex to win CEDC from Roust.
Of the 96, 10 were in alcohol, 8 in snacks, 7 in ingredients; 6 in dairy-free, 6 in packaging, 6 in soft drinks, 5 in hot drinks, 5 in meat-free and 4 in meat.
The total of cell-based, plant-based and free from alcohol, dairy or meat was 17.
47 were within national borders, 27 of these in the United States, 8 in the United Kingdom, 3 in Canada and 3 in France. 49 were international, involving 31 countries.
Overall, 46 featured the United States, 18 the United Kingdom, 11 Canada, 6 France, 5 Ireland, 4 Australia and 4 Spain.