Growth prospects for early nutrition market
Urbanisation, health awareness and childhood obesity are driving growth in the $53.5 billion global early nutrition market, according to a new report from leading food and drinks industry consultancy Zenith Global.
The 2016 Zenith Global Report on Early Nutrition Innovation identifies key trends, opportunities and challenges within both the infant formula and infant food segments.
63 in-depth brand profiles offer product images as well as detailed information such as launch date, packaging type and size, pricing, ingredients, variants and positioning. These are analysed under several themes including convenience, organic, healthy, dairy alternatives and special need formulae.
“Understandably, parents want to offer the most beneficial products to their infants. They are not willing to compromise on product quality. These factors underpin strong market growth,” commented Zenith Global Chairman Richard Hall.
“Our 2016 report offers a valuable understanding of both the infant formula and infant food segments, profiling the most innovative product developments around the world,” he concluded.
Among other points highlighted in the report:
- Asia Pacific is the leading region for infant formula sales totalling $35 billion.
- North America and Europe still account for half of global demand for infant food valued at $18.5 billion.
- The infant formula segment is led by global business such as Mead Johnson, Danone, Nestlé and Abbott Laboratories.
- More emerging companies are driving new product launches and innovations in infant food.
The 2016 Zenith Report on Early Nutrition Innovation contains profiles on 63 products launched between 2012 and 2016 worldwide under a total of 8 themes.
Notes for Editors
1. An illustration is attached for publication.
2. For further information, please contact:
Pam Jones, Zenith Global Ltd
7 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB, United Kingdom
t +44 (0)1225 327900, f +44 (0)1225 327901