IDF announces the IDF Dairy Innovation Awards 2022
The International Dairy Federation (IDF) has announced the launch of the IDF Dairy Innovation Awards today, which is designed to encourage and celebrate innovative practices across the dairy sector.
“Dairy actors around the world have been actively engaged over the years in improving farming and processing of milk and dairy foods. It is important for IDF to stimulate and share light on innovative practices and processes in the global dairy sector. IDF Board is thrilled to present the IDF Dairy Innovation Awards 2022 which will demonstrate the engagement and dynamism of our sector”, said Piercristiano Brazzale, IDF President.
The awards will be hosted by the IDF in partnership with world-leading food and drinks consultancy Zenith Global, supported by Headline sponsorship from Tetra Pak, a world leading food processing and packaging solutions company.
“Over the last few decades, we have played a leading role together with our customers, in helping make nutritious dairy products safe and available for consumers everywhere. But with the ongoing pandemic, consumer lifestyles, purchase patterns and needs have shifted significantly, and the sustainability demands on the industry are higher than ever before. We are keen to continue playing our part in this challenging evolution, working in collaboration with the dairy industry to be agile and innovate with technological advances, in order to meet the growing consumer demand in a secure and sustainable way” said Adolfo Orive, President & CEO, Tetra Pak.
Entries will be invited in twelve awards categories, focusing on sustainable and community-led initiatives as well as new product development:
- Innovation in sustainable farming practices: a) environment, b) animal care, c) socio-economic
- Innovation in sustainable processing
- Innovation in research and development: a) farming, b) collecting & processing, c) new product development, d) food safety e) consumer nutrition
- Innovation in sustainable packaging
- Innovation in school milk programmes
- Innovation in Climate Action
The IDF World Dairy Innovation Awards 2022 will be open for entries from 1 April to 1 July 2022. The award winners will be announced on 12 September 2022 in an awards ceremony at the IDF World Dairy Summit in Delhi, India.
IDF members are invited to participate in the awards free of charge, with paid entry available to non-members. For further details and to register your interest, please visit the website.
Notes to editor:
- The IDF has global dairy expertise since 1903 and is the leading source of scientific and technical expertise for all stakeholders in the dairy chain.
- For 60 years Tetra Pak has participated in the development and implementation of school feeding programmes around the world, together with customers, governments, partners and NGOs. On average 68 million children in 56 counties receive milk and other nutritious beverages in Tetra Pak packages in their schools every year. Together with BBC Storyworks, a film was produced to capture some of these stories.
- The IDF School Milk Knowledge Hub brings together knowledge about school milk programmes from around the world.
- Tetra Pak’s School Feeding Handbook captures the many positive benefits that school feeding programmes are bringing to children and communities around the world, find out more here