Liquid breakfast pours promise
On-the-go lifestyles, health awareness and convenience are driving growth in the emerging liquid breakfast market, according to a new report from leading food and drink industry consultancy Zenith International.
The 2016 Zenith Report on Global Breakfast Drinks tracks the evolution of liquid breakfast products, analyses a selection of key national markets and summarises the trends, challenges and opportunities affecting future growth.
33 detailed brand profiles offer product images as well as launch date, packaging type and size, pricing, ingredients, nutrients and positioning. Geographic coverage includes Australia and New Zealand, Brazil, China, France, the Philippines, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Among other points highlighted in the Zenith report:
- Sanitarium initiated the trend in Australia when it launched Up&Go in 1998.The brand has since entered New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Australia is the largest market, with a current retail value of A$200 million.
- The UK market has grown rapidly to sales totalling £15 million.
- The US market has orientated more towards milk shakes, breakfast bars and food supplements.
“Breakfast is such an important meal and people are looking for products that save them time while providing the right balance of nutrients to start the day,” commented Zenith Chairman Richard Hall.
“Liquid breakfasts scarcely existed 20 years ago. Our report provides essential information for anyone wishing to take advantage of their future potential,” he concluded.
The 2016 Zenith Report on Global Breakfast Drinks contains 83 pages with geographic market analysis and 33 brand profiles. Contact Zenith International on +44 (0)1225 327900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for Editors
- An illustration is attached for publication.
- For further information, please contact:
Esther Renfrew or Monika Fedor, Zenith International Ltd
7 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB, United Kingdom
t +44 (0)1225 327900, f +44 (0)1225 327901