Yes, my first blog was on 14 March 2007. 10 years ago today. It was headed ‘What’s wrong with soft drinks ?’ and was prompted by Coca-Cola seeking to become known as a sparkling beverage instead of a carbonated soft drink.
According to my archive, I’ve written 120 blogs on health, 110 on mergers and acquisitions, 80 on soft drinks, 72 on beverages, 65 on bottled water, 55 on water, 52 on dairy, 49 on the environment and 45 on recycling. Out of 910 in total.
Have I served a purpose ? The mergers and acquisitions database provides the most up to date and comprehensive free searchable source I know of anywhere. I have also tried to anticipate change.
• April 2007 foresaw Monster overtaking Red Bull in the US.
• October 2007 commented on how bottled water should respond to an environmental backlash.
• September 2008 was the first time I wrote about virtual water and water footprints.
• March 2009 featured examples of massive cost savings from new technology.
• July 2009 had me going on about food waste amounting to 25% of all we purchase.
• August 2009 introduced an idea whose time still has yet to come – an eco label showing a product’s carbon footprint, renewable energy %, recycled material %, water usage, carbon reduction % and carbon offset %.
I very much hope that I’ll stay with it. And that you’ll stay with me.