38 Acquisitions in October
The rate of food and drink transactions returned to more than one a day in October, with 38 recorded on the bevblog.net database.
As many as five involved figures in excess of $1,000 million:
• €1,600 million for US Darling International to buy Netherlands based Vion Ingredients
• $1,700 million sales by US Dairylea Co-operative absorbed by Dairy Farmers of America
• $1,675 million for Philippines based Del Monte Pacific to purchase US Del Monte Foods’ consumer products business
• €1,200 million for US Crown Holdings to win Spain’s Mivisa Envases
• $1,100 million for US Berkshire Hathaway to snap up UK IMI’s drinks dispense and merchandising units.
Of the 38 total, 11 were in alcohol, 6 in dairy, 6 in soft drinks, 5 in packaging and 3 in ingredients.
Out of 21 countries, the United States featured in 21, followed by the UK on 5, the Netherlands on 4 and France, Ireland and the United Arab Emirates on 3 apiece.