43 acquisitions in November
10 transactions a week continue to be recorded on the bevblog.net mergers and acquisitions database. Of the 43 reported in November, 6 amounted to more than $500 million :
- $6,800 million for ConAgra’s purchase of US private label producer Ralcorp
- £1,400 million UK soft drinks merger between Barr and Britvic
- $2,050 million for UK-based Diageo’s purchase of majority stake in India’s United Spirits
- €664 million for Germany’s BASF to buy Norway’s ProNova Biopharma
- $634 million ingredients takeover of Fortitech in US by DSM from Netherlands
- $620 million for Starbucks to buy Teavana in US.
25 countries were involved. Among the 43, 22 were within national borders and 21 were international. As ever, the United States was the most active – in 19. The United Kingdom came second on 10, with France third on 5.
12 took place in alcohol, 7 in packaging, 5 in soft drinks and 5 in ingredients.