47 acquisitions in July
The global economy may be under growing pressure, but the pace of mergers and acquisitions across food and drink shows no sign of slowing. Indeed, July’s 47 deals recorded by bevblog.net include 5 above $750 million :
- $2,200m for Thai Beverage buying 22% of Fraser & Neave in Singapore
- $1,550m for Campbell Soup buying Bolthouse Farms in the United States
- $974m for Joh A Benckiser buying Peet’s Coffee & Tea in the United States
- $880m for Luxembourg’s Ardagh packaging purchase of Anchor in the United States
- $782m for South Africa’s Mondi Group packaging takeover of Nordenia in Germany.
Of the month’s 47, 13 were in soft drinks, 10 in alcohol, 7 in dairy and 7 in packaging.
22 involved the United States, 6 the United Kingdom, 5 France and 4 each Italy and Switzerland. 18 other countries were affected including Fiji, South Korea and Ukraine.