Alcohol and dairy top Asia rankings
In the latest Nikkei ranking of top food and beverage companies in Asia, alcohol and dairy companies dominate the list, which is based on market capitalisation as of 20th July.
• 1 at $86.5 billion is Kweichow Moutai, baiju producer from China.
• 2 at $30.7 billion is Wuliangye Yibin, also in spirits from China.
• 3 at $19.8 billion is Kirin, alcohol producer from Japan.
• 4 at $19.1 billion is Asahi, also in alcohol from Japan.
• 5 at $18.8 billion is China’s Jiang Su Yanghe Brewery.
So, what about the dairies?
• 6 at $18.6 billion is Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group from China.
• 15 at $9.7 billion is Vinamilk from Vietnam.
• 17 at $8.2 billion is Mengniu from China.
• 20 at $7.4 billion is Indofood from Indonesia.
Other big international names also feature.
• 10 at $14.8 billion is Japan’s Suntory.
• 14 at $10.3 billion is Nestlé India.
The company with the highest sales, however, was China’s WH Group in meat at $21.5 billion.
Other companies with sales over $10 billion were Kirin on $19.0 billion, Asahi on $15.7 billion, Suntory on $12.9 billion and Uni-President of Taiwan on $12.8 billion.