COKE’S SIX KEY TRENDS
Coca-Cola’s ten year vision of doubling sales by 2020 is based on six global trends reshaping society.
- A growing middle class – between 800 million and a billion people will enter the middle class from 2010 to 2020 … 60% coming from emerging nations.
- Mass urbanisation – an urban population the size of New York will be created every 90 to 100 days.
- Economic rebalancing – the world defined not by one or two economic superpowers but by a massive rebalancing of economic might towards countries such as Indonesia, Mexico and Turkey.
- The new generation – the rise of the most sophisticated and engaged youth generation, empowered by incredible new communications.
- Rising prices – because of a constant scarcity of resources, leading to volatility in prices.
- New consumer – with a new focus on the meaning of the world value.