Drive drama in France
Les drives, France’s dedicated outlets for click and collect, are racing ahead ever more dramatically, according to the latest issue of Rayon Boissons.
• Beverage sales online and through drive outlets totalled 1,600 million euros last year, up 60% on 2012.
• Wine was the biggest seller online at 700 million euros.
• Bottled water was the biggest through drives at 350 million euros.
• One quarter of all French households shopped at drives last year.
• Overall sales through drives rose to 4,000 million euros.
• Leclerc said drives accounted for 15% of its bottled water sales and this would lead to less space for bottled water in its supermarkets.