PEPSICO HEALTH PROGRAMME
What also impressed me about PepsiCo’s 2010 UK Health Report was how much the company has already done and when it started.
- 61% of its carbonated soft drink can and bottle sales were no sugar in 2008.
- Tropicana and Copella fruit juice retail sales of £304 million substantially outsold all Pepsi soft drinks at £257 million in 2008.
- Low calorie Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi retail sales of £163 million massively outsold regular Pepsi at £94 million in 2008.
- All Pepsi advertising has been devoted to no sugar variants since 2005.
- Advertising of carbonated soft drinks to children stopped in 2004.
- Vending of regular Pepsi in schools also ceased in 2004.