Responsible business – Britvic
We’re just 3 weeks into 2018 and we’ve already seen a succession of major businesses setting out new social responsibility targets.
One programme that impressed me was from leading UK soft drinks producer and Pepsi partner Britvic. The main attractions were the breadth of its ambitions as well as some demanding short term goals for 2020:
• Zero waste to landfill from manufacturing.
• 15% carbon emission reduction relative to production from 2016.
• 15% recycled PET content across British product portfolio.
• 20% average calorie reduction per serving.
• 35% reduction in water usage to 1.4 litres per litre of beverage produced.
• 40% of leadership roles to be held by women.
Among other interesting insights about how the company has adapted to changing social priorities, 72% of its UK portfolio and 94% of Britvic owned brands will escape the new sugar tax from April 2018.