UK diet failing
If we are what we eat, it’s strange we’re living longer when our diets are deteriorating.
• UK sales of fruit are down 14% since 2007.
• Vegetable consumption has fallen by 5%.
• We only eat 3 of our recommended 5 fruit and vegetable portions a day.
And obesity is soaring.
• 65% of UK men and 58% of women are overweight or obese.
• 22% of 5 year olds are obese or overweight.
• We are eating 3 times the recommended amount of high fat and/or high sugar products.
The number of children taking the recommended amount of physical activity is falling.
When will the Government come up with a well rounded policy ? July is the latest expected date for a much postponed plan. No later, please.