UK TOP 100 GROCERY BRANDS - LOTS TO DIGEST
Nielsen's ranking of 2007 winners and losers offers many insights.
- Soft drinks is the largest category in UK grocery.
- Cold drinks account for 17 of the top 100 brands and 5 of the top 15, led as ever by Coke.
- 7 are carbonates including 2 energy drinks; 6 are fruit juices and drinks; 2 are waters; and 2 are dairy based.
- Red Bull, Cravendale milk, Oasis and Capri-Sun sales all advanced by over 20% last year.
- Innocent was the fastest growing, up 46% to £141 million, rising to no 33. It credits success to four key macro trends, well worth noting - health/wellbeing, indulgent/premium, convenience and ethical.